Sunday, August 17, 2008

I was lonely on the cliff

Well since everybody else has a blog I decided I might as well write one too.

In Grand Junction this last weekend the Riverside Parkway opened up (a shortcut from one side of town to the other) and so I took the kids and went to the celebration, Philip had to go to Vail for the weekend for a lawyer's conference.

During the celebration they shot Chick-fil-a cows with a parachute on their backs out of a cannon, and threw Big O Tire t-shirts. Poor Alyssa was just minding her own business eating her icecream when she got her icecream knocked out of her hand by a rolled up Big O tire shirt. The people around her were nice enought to let her keep the shirt. They threw out a lot of stuff and so we ended up with lots of cows and shirts. After the celebration on the road was over everybody was cleaning up their booths and kept giving Nathan stuff. So since we weren't a big enough spectacle (a mom by herself with 4 kids) everything that Nathan collected went onto the stroller. We joked that we looked like a parade float. Here is a picture.




You can read more about the celebration when I post the kids August Grandma pages.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe how big Alyssa is and blonde hair! Emma looks like she belongs in your family. I am glad you have joined the blogging world, so I can get updates.

Heath and Steph said...

Yeah! I am so glad you made one! tell the kids we say hello & that cd I said I would make you is one the way soon!

Amy said...

What do you mean work in progress it looks great! Brooks and I had a good laugh over Alyssa's ice cream fiasco. Glad she got to keep the shirt.

Mary Ann said...

We really enjoyed reading about your adventure. And you were even able to get pictures. Amazing!Sounds like everyone had a great time. I hope after getting hit with the t-shirt, that it is at least the right size for Alyssa to wear.

Losinthisdangfat said...

Hi Andrea! Remember me??? We went to High School together!
My sister Christel told me about your blog. You have beautiful children!
Here's a link to my blog if your interested. http://thecotellfamily.blogspot.com/

Have a great day! Andrea