Monday, June 8, 2009

April 2009 Grandparent Pages

April 2009
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
It was raining on Easter but luckily it stopped long enough for the Easter Bunny to deliver eggs to us. I figured out what to do really quick and while carrying around my Easter basket I filled it with as many eggs as I could find. I thought it was so much fun to go around and pick up the eggs. I also tried to open them because I remembered what was in them from when I went to Goblin Valley. When I finally got one opened, I really had fun eating the candy. The Easter Bunny also brought me a bunny Mr. Potato head.
I got to stay with Becca, Justin, and Maya at the end of this month while my Mom and Dad went to Africa. While I was there, I went to the zoo and played outside a lot. While at their house I got sick and threw up a few times. I also got to go and stay at Amy, Brooks and Parker’s house for a few days. I had fun playing with both of my cousins. I thought Becca was my Mom, so I didn’t even miss my real Mom while she was gone.
I said some more new words this month I said cheese, Alyssa, and dressed.
Love Emma







April 2009
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

It was raining on Easter but luckily it stopped long enough for the Easter Bunny to deliver eggs to us. I found lots of eggs and got lots of candy. The Easter bunny also brought me an Ariel Barbie doll.

At the end of this month my mom and Dad went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Luke in Nairobi, Kenya, Africa and so Grandma Kaye came and stayed at my house. I got to help Grandma Kaye wash dishes and sort the clean laundry by telling her what belonged to who. Grandma scrapbooked while she was visiting me and so I got out my magnifying glass to check out her scrapbook. While we were picking Nathan up from school I saw the crossing guard holding a sign and I told grandma, “somebody cut down a sign!” Another day while grandma was scrapbooking I told her I was her garbage helper and put her scraps in the garbage.

One day I was playing outside with my brothers in the playhouse and we were pretending like the playhouse was an animal shelter and all of the balls were different animals.

Grandma and I got to go out for ice cream one day and I told her that I love Ice cream. We also went to Hobby lobby a few times and I told Grandma the second time that we went that we had already been to hobby lobby this week, I remember this. I also help grandma when she is driving and make sure that I warn her when I see a red light ahead.

One day my brothers were being really noisy andI told them “Be quiet! I’m trying to think. At David’s soccer game some guy told me that I was gorgeous and I told grandma, “I’m not gorgeous Grandma, I’m Alyssa!“ After David’s soccer game Grandma drove me and David to her house.

My mom called us from Africa one day and I told her that Grandma has two Babies! And I got to play with the baby dolls and grandmas quilts. One day at grandmas I was pretending to talk on the phone on a banana. While I was at Grandma Kayes I got to ride the tractor with Grandpa. I also got to play with grandpa’s dog chief and I told him, “I love you Chief.” Love Alyssa


April 2009
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
I started playing t-ball this month. I’m on the Seminoles. At my first game, I forgot which way to run and started running the wrong way on the bases. Also, while I was on 1st base waiting to run to second, the ball got hit over by me so I ran off the base to go and get it. I also run after all of the balls no matter where they go when I am in the outfield.

It was raining on Easter but luckily it stopped long enough for the Easter Bunny to deliver eggs to us. I found lots of eggs and got lots of candy. The Easter Bunny also brought me a pirate Lego and a Star Wars costume.

At the end of this month, my Mom and Dad went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Luke in Nairobi, Kenya, Africa. Grandma Kaye came to may house to watch us. Sometimes at church, I don’t like to go to Primary and so Grandma had to chase me down the halls to go to Primary one Sunday. Whenever Grandma drove I made sure that she knew that red means stop, green means go and yellow means slow on the stop lights. I found a penny one day and told Grandma that it was my lucky day. I then tried to collect all of the pennies that I could find.

At my soccer game on April 25th, I scored two goals, but then I got hit with the soccer ball and I wasn’t very happy after that. After my soccer game, Grandma drove me and Alyssa to her house but on the way Grandma’s spare tire came off of her SUV, so I told her, “I think the road is too bumpy.”

Grandma Bessie was staying at Grandma Kaye’s house while we were there because she just had surgery. I noticed she slept a lot so I asked Grandma Kaye, “She’s sleeping again, why does she always have naps?” While I was at Grandma Kaye’s, I also got to ride the tractor with Grandpa Dwight. Love David





April 2009

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I started playing baseball this month. I am on the Gators coach-pitch team. I have got a few hits and even made it all the way around the bases several times. At my first baseball game I was playing third base and the baseball hit me in the ankle. It really hurt!

It was raining on Easter, but luckily it stopped long enough for the Easter Bunny to deliver eggs to us. I found lots of eggs and got lots of candy. The Easter bunny also brought me a Power Miner Lego and a Star Wars costume.

At the end of this month, my Mom and Dad went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Luke in Nairobi, Kenya, Africa. Grandma Kaye came and stayed at my house to watch us kids. I told Grandma that we should put up security cameras in the kitchen because David, Alyssa and I like to get into the smacks in the cupboards.

I take a snack to school everyday and one day all that we had were strawberry shortcake fruit snacks. I didn’t want the other kids at school to be able to tell that I had girl snacks, so I opened them and dumped them in a Ziploc bag.

I am getting better at baseball and I get a hit almost every time that I get up. After my soccer game on April 25th, I was eating an apple and I lost a tooth. At the end of the month, Grandma Kaye had to go home so I got to stay at my friend Parker’s house. While I was there, I played outside with Parker with his walkie-talkies. Love Nathan




1 comment:

Blaine and Mary Ann said...

You all look so nice in your Easter clothes. It sounds like you have all been busy and having a great time. It was surely nice of Grandma Kaye and Becca and Amy to tend you so your Mom and Dad could come to Africa to see us.