After we made it out of the muddy roads the ride wasn’t quite as scary, you still have to pass the slow cars as oncoming cars are coming sometimes making it with only feet to spare, if you ever want a thrill ride come to Africa and take a drive along the highway to Mombasa.
We had our first experience with dickering for local crafts at a gas station on the way to the park. They started out high but soon realized we were cheap and by the time we were leaving were selling us stuff through our car windows for very cheap. Incidentally, I ended up with way more giraffes than I needed.
Once in the park one of the first Animals we saw were elephants. We also saw, dik diks, giraffes, gazelles, impalas, zebras, baboons, monkeys, hippos, and lions and their cubs. The lions had a kill they were eating and so we were able to see them several times during the day, it was fun to sit and watch the cubs play, and the adults chew on bones.
The place we stayed at was very nice and the people treat you like royalty. We were able to stay in a suite which made it even nicer. As we were eating dinner we saw zebras, cape buffalo, baboons, and impala come into the water hole. We were very tired by dinner time, almost too tired to eat, then the manager told us to watch out for scorpions on our way to our bedrooms by that time I was wide awake. Philip and I walked carefully back to our room and found two very large scorpions right outside our room. We tried to take their pictures but it didn’t do them justice. I made Philip put towels at the bottom of our door to try to keep them from coming in our room and worried all night that they were crawling on me.
1 comment:
scorpions...yikes! I would make heath put a towel under the door as well! It would be so cool to see the lions, cant wait to see all your pictures.
Post a Comment