Saturday, September 27, 2008
Blue Angels Airshow and Birds
Today after the boys soccer games, we decided to go and watch the airplanes fly at the air show. Philip works close to the airport where the air show is so we parked close to his work. We sat on a grassy hill and watched the skydivers and airplanes. The best part of it was at the end when the Navy Blue Angels flew. The past two days the Blue Angels have been practicing and a few times they flew right over our house. Alyssa, David and I would sit outside and watch them when they practiced. One time when it was just Alyssa and I, we were looking for the airplanes in the sky and I said, "there they are, wait, those are just bird." My little two-year old Alyssa started laughing and said, "Ha ha mommy, you thought those birds were airplanes. Ha ha. Mommy thought the birds were airplanes!" I told her it wasn't nice to make fun of mommy. But in my defense they were very big birds. Well here are some pictures from the air show.










Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have seen some really big birds here in Africa, including the biggest bird that can fly, but tell Alyssa, that I have yet to mistaken one for a airplane. :)
But don't tell Alyssa that we have mistaken an ostrich for a rhino, and a few other animals. It was really far away and they open up their wings and look really big. When I say we, I am including Jason and Larrisa.
What a fun thing for your kids to see!
Post a Comment