Monday, November 10, 2008

August Grandparent Pages

August 2008
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
On the 4th of this month, I started scooting forward. So now I crawl but it is an army crawl. But by the end of them month I was able to crawl on my hands and knees.
On the 6th of this month my Mom fed me rice cereal and carrots, I kind of liked the rice cereal but I really didn’t like the carrots. I gagged on both of them a lot so my Mom decided to wait another month to feed me them again.
On the 11th of this month, I went into a sitting position all by myself, and by the end of the month I was sitting really well all by myself.
The city had a grand opening celebration for the Riverside Parkway. I went with Mom, Alyssa, David and Nathan.
On the 20th of this month, I pulled myself into a standing position by using Mom’s leg. Now I pull myself up to stand whenever I can.
At the end of the month we got to travel to Joe’s Valley. In Joe’s Valley all of my cousins on the Luke side were there. I had fun playing with Parker, I would crawl on him and try to stand on him and we would talk to each other. Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Luke were also there and I enjoyed being held by them
Love, Emma


August 2008
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Grand Junction had a grand opening celebration for the Riverside Parkway. I went with Mom, Emma, David and Nathan. We went to the road and got ice cream, cake, and a water bottle full of ice water. People gave speeches and when they were finally done talking, they started shooting toy Chick-Fil-A cows with parachutes on their backs, and Big-O Tire shirts out of a cannon. I was just minding my own business eating my ice cream when all of the sudden a Big-O Tire shirt smacked the ice cream out of my hand. The people around me let me keep the shirt; Nathan and David were also able to catch me a cow. I got to watch some antique cars be the first to drive on the parkway. After the celebration on the road was over, it continued at the botanical gardens. There, I jumped in a Disney’s Cars bump-n-jump, painted a flower pot and planted a flower in it, got a balloon animal, spun the Chick-Fil-A prize wheel and won a treat, and got cookies and lemonade. I also got to walk through the butterfly garden and children’s secret garden at the botanical gardens.
At the end of the month we got to travel to Joe’s Valley. In Joe’s Valley all of my cousins on the Luke side were there. I had fun playing with all of them. Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Luke were also there. I had fun playing with them also. While in Joe’s Valley, Daddy took us on a few walks around the lake and in the mountains.
Love, Alyssa


August 2008
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
The city had a grand opening celebration for the Riverside Parkway. I went with Mom, Emma, Alyssa and Nathan. We went onto the road and got ice cream and cake and a water bottle full of ice water. Then we listened to people talk. When they were finally done talking they started shooting stuffed Chick-Fil-A cows with parachutes on their backs, and Big-O Tire shirts out of a cannon. I caught lots of cows and shirts. Then I got to watch some old cars be the first to drive on the parkway. After the celebration on the road was over, they continued it at the botanical gardens. There I jumped in a Disney’s Cars bump-n-jump, painted a flower pot and planted a flower in it, got a balloon animal, spun the Chick-Fil-A wheel and won a treat, and got cookies and lemonade. I also got to walk through the butterfly garden and children’s secret garden at the botanical gardens.
I started preschool at Kids Campus. My teachers are Harold, Elizabeth, Jo-Zan and Kathie. I told my mom that I love school and every day I ask her if it is a school day and if it is time to go to school yet.
At the end of the month, we got to travel to Joe’s Valley. In Joe’s Valley all of my cousins on the Luke side were there. Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Luke were also there and Great Grandpa Luke let me play with his matchbox cars. If you didn’t know, I love cars.
Love, David
August 2008
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
The city had a grand opening celebration for the Riverside Parkway. I went with Mom, Emma, Alyssa and David. We went onto the road and got ice cream and cake and a water bottle full of ice water. Then we listened to people talk, when they were finally done talking they started shooting stuffed Chick-Fil-A cows with parachutes on their backs, and Big-O Tire shirts out of a cannon. I caught lots of cows and shirts. Then they shot the cannon and nothing came out so I went and told them and they gave me a stick decorated with colored flags. I stuck it on the stroller. Then when we were walking by the Big-O Tire booth they gave me a string of big balloons from their booth they were taking down. I tied it onto the stroller also. It made the stroller look like a parade float and I asked people when we walked by them if it looked like a parade float. After the celebration on the road was over, they continued it at the botanical gardens. There I jumped in a Disney’s Cars bump-n-jump, painted a flower pot and planted a flower in it, got a balloon animal, spun the Chick-Fil-A wheel and won a treat, and got cookies and lemonade. I also got to walk through the butterfly garden and children’s secret garden at the botanical gardens. I started 1st grade at Pomona Elementary. My teacher is Mr. Brown and I really like him. I’m in a class with 1st and 2nd graders. My best friend Parker is in my class and he is also in my primary class. On the first day of class when I got off the bus my Mom asked me how school was and I told her that first grade doesn’t stink.
Love, Nathan

2 comments:

Joni Wiedrich said...

What a neat idea!

Unknown said...

Maya kept pointing to Emma's pictures and squealing. She loves seeing her little cousins!