Tuesday, November 11, 2008

September Grandparent Pages

September 2008
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
I went to Green River to Grandma Luke’s house. At Grandma’s house, I sat on the blanket by the garden and played while my Mom, Dad, David and Nathan cut down the weeds. While we were at Grandma’s house, I went to Melon Days with my family. I sat in the back of the van and watched the parade go by with Dad. At the park, I enjoyed riding around in the stroller and watching everything. I also tried a little bit of watermelon but I didn’t really like it.
At my 6 month checkup I weighed 15 lbs 4 oz and I was 26 ¼ in long.
About halfway through the month, I said Mama. On the 27th, I woke up in the middle of the night and decided I wanted to play. While I was playing, I said Dada, and Daddy rolled over and asked Mommy did she just say Dad?
On the 20th of this month, I let go of my Mom while I was standing and stood for a few seconds. By the end of this month, I could stand for longer by myself. Also by the end of the month, I was able to go from sitting to standing all by myself without holding onto anything. Also this month, I started cruising around the furniture.
I got to go to the Grand Junction is Broncos country celebration at the Stocker Stadium.
At the end of this month, the Blue Angels came and did an air show in Grand Junction. They practiced for their air show a few days before the show and I sat outside with Mom, David and Alyssa and watched them fly right over the house. The day of the air show we got to go and sit close to the airport and watch them fly over. They flew over the building we were sitting by and they were so close and really loud. Love Emma

September 2008
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
I got to go to Green River to Grandma Luke’s house. While we were at Grandma’s house I helped my Mom, Dad, David and Nathan with the weeds. I would tell my Mom good job every time she cut down a weed. Also at Grandma’s house, I got to go to Melon Days. At Melon Days, I watched a parade and collected a lot of candy. I got to go to the park and play in all of the bump-n-jumps. It was tons of fun. I also got to eat lots of yummy watermelon.
One day my Mom wanted to comb my hair out with her brush. She always tells me she is going to make me pretty, but I don’t like it when she uses the hair brush. So, I told her I don’t want to be pretty, just beautiful.
One day Mommy had just got done cleaning off the table and Daddy came home and put his lunch bag on the table and Mommy said, uh oh Daddy made the table dirty again so I yelled at Dad, “DADDY HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NOT TO PUT THAT ON THE TABLE!” My Mom calls me a little Mommy.
I got to go to the Grand Junction is Broncos Country celebration at the Stocker Stadium. They gave us cookies decorated for the Broncos, then they shot toy footballs out of a cannon and I managed to get one. I also got a Broncos bumper sticker and I got a picture with the mascot Miles.
At the end of this month the U.S. Navy Blue Angels came and did an air show in Grand Junction. They practiced for their air show a few days before the show and I sat outside with Mom, David, and Emma and watched them fly right over the house. I got very excited when ever I saw the airplanes fly by. One time when it was just me and my Mom out there my Mom thought she saw the airplanes but it turned out just to be birds so I laughed at her and said, “ha-ha Mommy, you thought those birds were airplanes, ha-ha Mommy thought the birds were airplanes.” My Mommy told me it wasn’t nice to make fun of her. The day of the air show we got to go and sit close to the airport and watch them fly. They flew over the building we were sitting by and they were so close and really loud. I got very excited again when I saw them fly over and now whenever I see an airplane fly over I yell MOMMY, MOMMY AIRPLANE, AIRPLANE, MOMMY MOMMY AIRPLANE!
Love Alyssa

September 2008
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
I get to play soccer again this year, except now I get to play outside instead of inside. Dad is my soccer coach and during my game on September 27th, I kicked a goal.
I went to Green River with my family to Grandma Luke’s house; while we were at Grandma’s house, I helped my Mom, Dad and Nathan knock down the giant weeds in Grandma’s garden. The weeds were almost as big as trees. I helped my Mom and Dad by dragging the weeds they cut down to the trailer. Also at Grandma’s house, I got to go to Melon Days. At Melon Days, they had a parade and I collected a lot of candy, but my bag had a hole in it. My Mom finally figured out why there was candy every where I was walking and helped me pick it up and put it in a new bag. I got to go to the park and play in all of the bump-n-jumps. It was tons of fun.
One day after my mom had given Alyssa a bath, I noticed that she had been in there for a long time playing. I told my mom, “Alyssa is still in the bathtub, she is going to get wrinkled toenails.”
I got to go to the Grand Junction is Broncos Country Day Celebration at the stocker stadium. They gave us cookies decorated for the Broncos. They shot footballs out of a cannon and I managed to get one. I also got a Broncos bumper sticker and picture with the mascot Miles and had him autograph my bumper sticker.
At the end of this month the Blue Angels came and performed in Grand Junction. They practiced for the air show a few days before the show and I sat outside with mom, Alyssa and Emma and watched them fly right over the house. The day of the air show we sat close to the airport and watched them fly over. When they flew over they were so close and really loud. It was awesome. Love David

September 2008
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
I turned 7 this month. I got two parties for my birthday. The first one was in Joe’s Valley on my birthday. All of my cousins on the Luke side were there. I had a Wall-E cake and a Wall-E treasure hunt. I got a train Lego, Star Wars Lego, car Lego, a book, and lots of money. In Joe’s Valley I had lots of fun playing with my cousins, I especially liked to make Parker and Emma laugh.
My second party was a few days after my birthday. My friends, Mathew, Parker, Jacob, and Randy came. I got another Star Wars Lego, a Star Wars R2D2 figure, some cars, a play 4 wheeler and a robot. My Mom made a Wall-E cake and we played a Lego treasure hunt game and our treasure was a Wall-E Lego that I designed.
I started playing soccer again this year. We now have a goalie so it is harder to get goals but I have got a few.
In the middle of this month, my tooth fell out while I was at school. So I got a pass and went to the office and they gave me a little tooth container to keep my tooth in (they call it a toothcase). That night I was at Grandma Luke’s house and I took the tooth out of the container and set it next to the container. The next morning the tooth and the container were both gone, I woke my parents up because I was upset that the tooth fairy took the tooth container along with the tooth. But my Mom helped me look and we found the tooth container under the bed. The tooth fairy just accidentally knocked it off. After we found the container, I was excited about the 4 quarters the tooth fairy left me.
While we were at Grandma’s house I helped my Mom, Dad and David knock down the giant weeds in Grandma’s garden. The weeds were almost as big as trees. I called it a weed forest and sometimes when my Mom cut them down she would yell timber. Sometimes the weeds would still land on me, and then I would drag them to the trailer to take to the dump. Also, while visiting Grandma’s house, I got to go to Melon Days. At Melon Days they had a parade and I collected a lot of candy. I got to go to the park and play in all of the bump-n-jumps. It was tons of fun.
I got to go to the Grand Junction is Broncos country day at the Stocker Stadium. They gave us cookies decorated for the Broncos, then they were shooting footballs out of a cannon so I ran up to catch one. I got one and I tried to catch a shirt but I didn’t get one of those. I did get a Broncos bumper sticker and I got a picture with the mascot Miles and I had him autograph my bumper sticker. At the celebration, I told my Mom that I wanted to decorate my room the same colors as the Broncos.
At the end of this month the Blue Angels came and did an air show in Grand Junction. They practiced for their air show a few days before the show and while I was at recess I saw them fly over. In school, I made a Blue Angels paper airplane. The day of the air show we got to go and sit close to the airport and watch them fly over. They flew over the building we were sitting by and they were so close and really loud. It was awesome.
One night this month, I fell out of my bed so I went into my Mom and Dad’s room and I asked them if they knew what the big thud was and then I told them it was me falling out of bed.
Love Nathan

No comments: