Monday, July 20, 2009

June 2009 Grandparent Pages

June 2009
Dear Grandma and Grandpa, I had my 15 month checkup this month. I now weigh 19 lbs. 13 oz. and I am 29 in. tall. I got to ride in the bike stroller when we went for bike rides this month. My Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Heath came and visited us this month. They brought me a pretty dress and a doll. Whenever I want my doll I say “mama.” While Heath and Steph were here, we took a trip downtown and looked at all of the sculptures on Main Street. My Grandma and Grandpa Luke brought Hunter and Joseph with them to visit us. We filled the pool full of water and I had fun playing in it. While they were here, everybody but Dad and Grandpa went to the Dinosaur Museum. We had fun looking at the dinosaur bones, digging for dinosaur bones, playing in the water, and using objects to make the water go different ways. We also got to experience what an earthquake is like. We also got sprayed by a dinosaur and watched a show about dinosaurs. After the dinosaur museum, we went to The Museum of the West. At that museum, we got to pretend like we were riding in a stage coach, flying in an airplane, and walking though a uranium mine. There was also a fake town with a saloon, opera house, and school. We pretended like we ordered sarsaparillas in the saloon and Grandma pretended to teach us at the school. We also went up into a lookout tower and could see all around Grand Junction. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Luke’s house to help them clean out their garage. I had fun playing with stuff we found. I went to SLC to the Oquirr Mountain Temple open house. Grandma, Grandpa, Justin, Becca, Maya, Brooks and Parker went with us. While I was in Utah, I also got to go to Hunter’s baptism. I can now say up, poopy, cookie, hot, hat, baby and blanket (pronounced naenet). When I am tired, I tell my mom that I want my blanket. I had two ear infections this month. I also got two new teeth, one on the bottom of my mouth on the 14th and one on the top of my mouth on the 22nd. So now I have eight teeth.Love Emma


June 2009
Dear Grandma and Grandpa, I got to ride in the bike stroller when we went for bike rides this month. My Aunt Steph and Uncle Heath came and visited us this month. They brought me a princess kit, a coloring book, some crayons, sunglasses and a pretty dress. I was so excited to wear the dress that the next day, I got up and got myself dressed in my dress with my tights and Sunday shoes. I went into mom’s room and woke her up and told her I was ready for church. She told me that it was only Saturday, but that I could wear my dress anyway. While Heath and Steph were here, we took a trip downtown and looked at all of the sculptures on Main Street. My Grandma and Grandpa Luke brought Hunter and Joseph with them to visit us. We all washed Grandpa’s trailblazer and earned a dollar. After we were done, we filled the pool full of water and had fun playing in it. We spent our dollars at the Dollars Store. I bought a coloring book. While they were here, everybody but Dad and Grandpa went to the Dinosaur Museum. We had fun looking at the dinosaur bones, digging for dinosaur bones, playing in the water, and using objects to make the water go different ways. We also got to experience what an earthquake is like. We also got sprayed by a dinosaur and watched a show about dinosaurs. After the dinosaur museum, we went to The Museum of the West. At that museum, we got to pretend like we were riding in a stage coach, flying in an airplane, and walking though a uranium mine. There was also a fake town with a saloon, opera house, and school. We pretended like we ordered sarsaparillas in the saloon and Grandma pretended to teach us at the school. The stage coach was my favorite part of the museum. We also went up into a lookout tower and could see all around Grand Junction. I went with my mom to an enrichment activity. It was a princess party, so I got to dress up and wear my tiara. My mom asked me which dress I wanted to wear. I told her the one that the pretty lady (Stephanie) gave me. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Luke’s house to help them clean out their garage. I had fun playing with stuff we found. I went to SLC to the Oquirr Mountain Temple open house. Grandma, Grandpa, Justin, Becca, Maya, Brooks and Parker went with us. While I was in Utah, I also got to go to Hunter’s baptism. Love Alyssa


June 2009
Dear Grandma and Grandpa, My Mom, Nathan, and I rode our bikes while Alyssa and Emma rode in the stroller a few times this month. My Aunt Steph and Uncle Heath came and visited us this month, they brought me an awesome remote control car. They also got to watch me play baseball. I played really well for them. While Heath and Steph were here, we took a trip downtown and looked at all of the sculptures there. My Grandma and Grandpa Luke brought Hunter and Joseph with them to visit us. While they were here, they went to one of my baseball games. We also washed Grandpa’s car and earned a dollar. After that, we filled the pool full of water and had fun playing in it. I bought Donald Duck with a parachute on his back at the dollar store. Later, we went to the Dinosaur museum. We had fun looking at the dinosaur bones, digging for dinosaur bones, playing in the water, and using objects to make the water go different ways. We also got to experience what an earthquake is like. We also got sprayed by a dinosaur and watched a show about dinosaurs. My favorite part was digging for dinosaur bones. After the dinosaur museum we went to The Museum of the West. At that museum, we got to pretend like we were riding in a stage coach, flying in an airplane, and walking though a uranium mine. There was also a fake town with a saloon, opera house and school. We pretended like we ordered sarsaparillas in the saloon and Grandma pretended to teach us at the school. The stage coach was my favorite part of the museum. I also really liked this museum because we had just watched the Apple Dumpling Gang the night before. And we could pretend like we were just like those outlaws. I also enjoyed looking at all of the guns in the museum. We went up into a lookout tower and could see all around Grand Junction. Baseball ended this month. I missed my baseball party because I went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house instead, but I got my baseball medal later. I was very excited to get it. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Luke’s house to help them clean out their garage. I had fun playing with stuff we found. I went to SLC to the Oquirr Mountain Temple open house. Grandma, Grandpa, Justin, Becca, Maya, Brooks and Parker went with us. While I was in Utah, I also got to go to Hunter’s baptism. I got to ride home with Grandma and Grandpa because mom left Nathan and I to stay with them for a few days. Dad cut holes in the boxes from Grandma and Grandpa new washer and dryer. We turned it into a bank; Grandma and Grandpa made deposits.
Love David




June 2009
Dear Grandma and Grandpa, I lost another tooth while I was at baseball practice. I told my coach that if I had a journal, I would write about it. My Mom, David, and I rode our bikes while Alyssa and Emma rode in the stroller a few times this month. One time, I fell over on my bike and I got my shirt stuck in the bike chain. I ripped my shirt. Another time when we were a long ways from home, my bike got a flat tire. Also, the bike stroller got two flat tires so we had to walk all of the way home. I was hot and tired when I got home. My Aunt Steph and Uncle Heath came and visited us this month. They brought me an awesome Darth Vader Tie Fighter Lego. They also got to watch me play baseball. I played really well for them. While Heath and Steph were here, we took a trip downtown and looked at all of the sculptures on Main Street. My Grandma and Grandpa Luke brought Hunter and Joseph with them to visit us. While they were here they went to one of my baseball games. We also washed Grandpa’s trailblazer and earned a dollar. After we were done, we filled the pool full of water and had fun playing in it. I bought a pirate dress up kit at the Dollar Store. While they were here, we went to the Dinosaur museum. We had fun looking at the dinosaur bones, digging for dinosaur bones, playing in the water and using objects to make the water go different ways. We also got to experience what an earthquake is like. We also got sprayed by a dinosaur and watched a show about dinosaurs. After the Dinosaur Museum, we went to The Museum of the West. At that museum, we got to pretend like we were riding in a stage coach, flying in an airplane, and walking though a uranium mine. There was also a fake town with a saloon, opera house and school. We pretended like we ordered sarsaparillas in the saloon and Grandma taught us at the school. The fake town was my favorite part of the museum. I also really liked this museum because we had just watched the Apple Dumpling Gang the night before. And we could pretend like we were just like those outlaws. I also enjoyed looking at all of the guns in the museum. We went up into a lookout tower and could see all around Grand Junction. Baseball ended this month. My last game was cancelled because it was raining really hard that day. But my coach still had us come to the ball park and he gave us trophies. As we were leaving, I heard the coaches tell Mom that I was very fun to have on the team and that I was very entertaining. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Luke’s house to help them clean out their garage. I had fun playing with stuff we found. I went to SLC to the Oquirr Mountain Temple open house. Grandma, Grandpa, Justin, Becca, Maya, Brooks and Parker went with us. While I was in Utah, I also got to go to Hunter’s baptism. I got to ride home with Grandma and Grandpa because mom left David and I to stay with them for a few days. Dad cut holes in the boxes from Grandma and Grandpa new washer and dryer. We turned it into a bank. Love Nathan


1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Boy, did you guys have a busy month. Do you want to earn another dollar? We need our car washed again.